Saturday, March 30, 2013

April To Be Read (TBR) Pile

This Thursday I returned to the more practical way of sedating my book buying habit a.k.a I got a library card. Therefore, my TBR pile for this month is going to be extremely packed.

These are the books I plan to read in April:

1. The Spook Who Sat By The Door by Sam Greenlee: I'm currently doing a project for one of my graduate classes about this book and need to finish reading this book ASAP.


2. Mr. Potter by Jamaica Kincaid: This book happens to be one that was assigned to me for another one of my classes and takes priority over my would be pleasure reading.
Random fact: I bought this book off Thiftbooks and when I opened up my copy, I found that it was signed. I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

3. The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwab: I've had this on my TBR pile for a while and just recently picked it up at my local library.
4. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa: I saw this book on someone's BookTube wrap up video on YouTube and thought I'd give it a try since I'm a sucker for love and a good magical realm setting. Hopefully this book will live up to its hype.

5. Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Roban Sloan: so....yeah, I picked this book up on my last book binge and started reading it in March only to put it down once my homework beckoned me. Interestingly enough, I put it down on my dresser and when I put it there and turned off lights to go to sleep it started glowing. Needless to say, guess who was freaked out...

I picked this book up after seeing it in a bookstore and hearing other BookTubers rave about it. So far it's good.
6. All Roads Lead to Austen: A Year-long Journey with Jane by Amy Smith: I've been wanting to read this book since forever.  I'm a massive travel lit fan and saw this and wanted however, my local bookstore didn't have it so I got it off Amazon when I bought my school books and had money left over. I'm uber pumped for this book.

Whelp, these are the books I have "planned" for April but, I might pick up some more along the way since it is my \^0^/ birthday month!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment