Thursday, April 25, 2013

Book Publishing Screw Up

While re-deciding what books to read this week I encountered a funny publishing mistake.

For the last year, I have been dying to read All Roads Lead To Austen by Amy Elizabeth Smith. I finally broke down and ordered a copy from Thriftbooks.com over winter break as a Christmas present to myself. I didn't get around to actually having time to read the book until this week and was gung-ho to add it to my TBR pile for this weekend until I opened it up....

...It turns out that my copy starts at Chapter 3. At first I thought that this was totally normal and that this book was the type of book where the storyline circles back around. I thought this because the novel is a travel memoir that has been written about Smith's account of spending a year traveling and discussing Jane Austen books with different book groups in Latin America. Sadly, this is an ill conceived thought. According to Amazon First Looks, my book should have started some 30+ pages ago with the Author's Note.


Le sigh...I guess I'll have to write to the company I bought the book from and ask for another copy. I seriously can't wait to read this book. Anticipation is literally swelling inside me and putting me on a book high.

smh...Anticipation is the devil in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment