Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #2

I'm currently in the process of wrapping up my first year of Graduate School (insert loud whoop here---> \^0^/) so I decided to go light in the reading department this week. Both of these books were picked up during my birthday book haul.

The first book I'm reading is going to be a book by Maria Semple entitled, Where'd You Go Bernadette. Semple's novel follows a teenage girl's hunt for her mother, Bernadette who has disappeared. Bernadette is described as being "notorious" and "agoraphobic." I've been looking forward to reading this book and have heard nothing, but good things about it. Hopefully, I'll enjoy it just as much as everyone else has.

"Here's something about Mom: she's bad with annoyances, but great in a crisis. If a waiter doesn't refill her water after she's asked three times, or she forgets her dark glasses when the sun comes out, look out!"


The second book is Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier, which is the first book in a trilogy entitled with the same name. This novel deals with time traveling and a secret society of individuals who jump through time. The main character, Gwen unexpectedly starts leaping through time without being trained and has to learn the finer points of time traveling on the fly. 

"He's not bad-looking," I went on. "And he's filthy rich too-if he's telling the truth about his family. It's just his habit of raising a perfumed lace hanky to his nose that doesn't exactly make me swoon."



Hope you all enjoy your reading materials. Until Friday...Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Just gotta love light reads! I always need one every once in a while to get me back into fantasy related books as they are so DARN CUTEEEE! <3 Contemporary

    Great teasers Adira!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! I appreciate your feed back!...LOL I know what you mean I ran through the first two books of the Mortal Instruments and I haven't been able to pick that series back up since February. I'm trying to do lighter reads and less series so that I won't be tempted to overdo my allotted 2 books per week rule besides school books.

      Delete